Saturday, November 19, 2011

Ise Jingu (伊勢神宮)

Today, I went on a school trip to Ise Grand Shrine today.  The weather was horrid - it was raining all day and after maybe 10 or 15 minutes outside my shoes were already soaked through.

These are the running shoes I bought in the states, by the way, and already they are falling apart despite their steep price and promise.  >_< 

But anyways, the Shrine itself was beautiful.  It's history is well rooted in Japanese history and Shinto tradition.  This is the shrine that is rebuilt every 20 years to the exact measurements of the original.  Pictures weren't allowed at the actual shrine, but we could take pictures everywhere else.  However, looking with my own eyes at the shrine was a nice experience.

The rain, however, was the biggest concern of the day.  It prevented us from really exploring the area.  For the rest of the time I was there, I shopped a bit with my friend and had a nice lunch at a restaurant.  While I was shopping though, the wind picked up even more so the conditions were more like a typhoon.  It was so strong that the umbrella I just bought earlier that day broke.  T__T

So, just a quick update on life, to tell you all I'm alive.  ^_^  And that I'm very excited for upcoming trip in December!

No comments:

Post a Comment